Privacy notice to patients
We will keep your records safely
This practice complies with the Data Protection Act (1998) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. This means that we will ensure that your information is processed fairly and lawfully.
What personal information do we need to hold?
- Your past and current medical and dental condition; personal details such as your age, address, telephone number and your general medical practitioner
- Radiographs, clinical photographs and study models
- Information about the treatment that we have provided or propose and its cost
- Notes of conversations or incidents that might occur for which a record needs to be kept
- Records of consent to treatment
- Any correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals, for example in the hospital or community services.
Why do we hold this information?
We need to keep accurate personal data about patients in order to provide you with safe and appropriate dental care.
We are required to retain your dental records, X- rays and study models while you are a patient of this practice and after you cease to be a patient, for at least eleven years or until age 25, whichever is the longer.
Your information is held in the practice secure computer system, and in our secure manual filing system. The information is only accessible to authorised personnel. Personal information will not be removed from this practice without the patients authorised consent.
Your personal information is carefully protected by the staff at this practice. All access to information is held securely and can only be accessed by regularly changed passwords. Data is encrypted and computer terminals are closed if unattended.
We may need to disclose your information
In order to provide proper and safe dental care to:
- Your general medical practitioner
- The hospital or community dental services
- Other health professionals caring for you
- Private dental schemes of which you are a member.
Disclosure will take place on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, so that only those individuals/organisations who need to know in order to provide care to you and for the proper administration of Government (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules) will be given the information. Only information that the recipient needs to know will be disclosed.
In very limited circumstances or when required by law or a court order, personal data may have to be disclosed to a third party not connected with your health care. In all other situations, disclosure that is not covered by this Code of Practice will only occur when we have your specific consent. Where possible you will be informed of these requests for disclosure.
Dr Peter Young Welcomes New Patients
Dr Peter Young currently offers new patients a checkup and hygiene visit for £160.
Peter is a highly experienced specialist in oral surgery and he has placed over 6,000 dental implants over the last 29 years.
Peter enjoys long relationships with fellow dental professionals. If you have a patient that would benefit from Peters expertise please get in touch.
Dr P Young BDS PhD specialist in oral surgery
29 Castle Street, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1BA
Tel / Fax