Peter Young has been awarded several major research grants and his work in the field of oral surgery and oral Implantology has been published in both national and international journals in several languages.
Peter is an active researcher in oral implantology and is currently supervising three MSc research projects.
His research interests include soft tissue grafting techniques, biofilms and the use of collagen as an osteopromotive agent.
Some of his publications are listed below:
1. Young M.P.J., Carter, D.H., Sloan, P. & Quayle, A.A. (1999) A survey of oral implantology teaching in the University Dental Hospitals and Schools of the United Kingdom and Eire. British Dental Journal; 187 (12); 671-675.
2. Young, M.P.J., Korachi, M., Carter, D.H., Worthington, H.V., & Drucker, D.B. (2001) Microbial analysis of bone collected during dental implant surgery: a clinical and laboratory study. Clinical Oral Implants Research; 12 (2): 95-103.
3. Young M.P.J., Carter, D.H., Sloan, P. & Quayle, A.A. (2001) A survey of clinical members of the Association of Dental Implantology in UK. Part I: levels of activity and experience in oral implantology. Implant Dentistry 10; 68-73.
4. Young M.P.J., Carter, D.H., Sloan, P. & Quayle, A.A. (2001) A survey of clinical members of the Association of Dental Implantology (UK). Part II, the use of augmentation materials in dental implant surgery. Implant Dentistry; 10:149-155.
5. Young MP, Quayle AA, Sloan P, Carter DH. A survey of clinical members of the Association of Dental Implantology in the United Kingdom. Part III. The use of augmentation techniques in dental implant surgery. Implant Dent. 2001; 10(4): 291-298.
6. Young, M.P.J., Korachi, M., Carter, D.H., Worthington, H.V., McCord, J.F., & Drucker, D.B. The effects of an immediately pre-surgical chlorhexidine oral rinse on the bacterial contaminants of bone debris collected during dental implant surgery. (2002) Clinical Oral Implants Research; 13:20-29.
7. Davies S, Gray RJ & Young, M.P.J. (2002). Good occlusal practice in the provision of implant-borne prostheses. British Dental Journal; 192:79-88.
8. Young, M.P.J., Worthington, H.V., Lloyd, R.E., Drucker, D.B., Sloan, P. & Carter, D.H. (2002) Bone collected during dental implant surgery: a clinical and histological study. Clinical Oral Implants Research 13 (3), 298-303.
9. Carter, DH, Scully, AJ, Heaton DA, Young MPJ, Aaron JE.(2002) Effect of Deproteination on Bone Mineral Morphology: Implications for Biomaterials and Ageing. Bone; 3 (31) 389-395.
10. Young MPJ (2005) Implants in 2005: maintaining a scientific perspective. Private Dentistry 10:2, 64-70.
11. Young MPJ (2005) Implants: keeping a scientific perspective. 2005 Dental Protection Riskwise UK 29; July 2005, 8-9.
12. Young MPJ (2005) Implants: keeping a scientific perspective. Riskwise Ireland 10, Dental Protection Society, November 2005 .
13. Bone collectors part 1 dental practice
14. Bone collectors, part 2. Dental Practice. October issue.
15. Davies S, Young MPJ. (2006) The occlusal sketch technique its importance in implant dentistry. Implant & Aesthetic Dentistry 8 (1):49-55.
16. Specialist list for implant dentistry? (2006) Dentistry Feb 2005 22-23.
Dr Peter Young Welcomes New Patients
Dr Peter Young currently offers new patients a checkup and hygiene visit for £75. This is a limited time offer.
Peter is a highly experienced specialist in oral surgery and he has placed over 6,000 dental implants over the last 29 years.
Peter enjoys long relationships with fellow dental professionals. If you have a patient that would benefit from Peters expertise please get in touch.
Dr P Young BDS PhD specialist in oral surgery
29 Castle Street, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1BA
Tel / Fax